NEW MEXICO BED & BREAKFAST ASSOCIATION
The New Mexico Bed and Breakfast Association (NMBBA) has been the foundation of the bed and breakfast industry in New Mexico since it was created in 1995 by innkeepers across the state. With goals of increasing the visibility of the B&B industry, giving the industry a voice among lodging options, and maintaining a high standard of hospitality among member properties, NMBBA is a powerful advocate for the bed and breakfast industry.
We would love for you to join us!
Our member inns are located throughout New Mexico – all inns are licensed, inspected, and insured. We welcome all bed and breakfast inns that maintain a high standard of hospitality to become a member of NMBBA. Why? Because together, we are stronger. As the lodging industry ebbs and flows with hotels, inns, vacation rentals, glamping and more, our united presence in the state is a benefit to all of us, as well as to our guests.
For bed and breakfast inns in the state of New Mexico, there is no better partner to have than NMBBA. As a member, you will join a community of independent bed and breakfast owners who are happy to help other members by sharing their knowledge and experience, as well as benefit from NMBBA’s on-going marketing.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP IN NMBBA
- Inclusion in the New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association’s printed membership directory, which is distributed throughout New Mexico via Visitor Information Centers, Chambers of Commerce, Convention Centers, the Albuquerque Sunport, and NMBBA member inns.
- Inclusion in this website, where visitors can search member inns, check availability, and then go directly to the inn’s website to make direct, commission-free reservations — the only way a New Mexico bed and breakfast can be included on nmbba.org is if it is a member of NMBBA.
- Marketing initiatives on your behalf through the New Mexico Department of Tourism’s Co-operative Grant Program.
- Social media marketing exposure via Facebook, Instagram, blog articles, and promotional post boosts by the Association.
- Meet the Innkeeper articles on nmbba.org.
- Free listing on our Inns for Sale website page.
EDUCATIONAL & NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
- Annual membership meeting, generally held in Albuquerque in early to mid November, featuring educational speakers and lots of interaction and networking between members.
- Join other New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association members at industry conferences and events, such as the Association of Lodging Professionals annual conference.
- The New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association has committees focused on marketing, education, membership, and standards — we welcome our members’ participation and involvement.
QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAM
- Our quality assurance program is designed to assist all members in maintaining and raising standards of bed and breakfast inns throughout the state. New members take part in a quality evaluation assessment to provide feedback, recognize strengths, and identify potential opportunities. The assessment of new members is done by a NMBBA board member, takes place over the course of an overnight stay at the property, and concludes with an exit interview.
- Congressional lobbying during sessions to promote tourism legislation.
JOIN THE NEW MEXICO BED & BREAKFAST ASSOCIATION!
FULL INN MEMBERSHIP
Any bed and breakfast establishment or small-scale inn with between 2 and 30 guest rooms, where the nightly rate includes a continental or full breakfast, is invited to apply for membership. Membership in the New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association is $310 per year. Download a NMBBA Membership Application form in .pdf format. For questions about membership in the New Mexico Bed & Breakfast Association, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Aspiring Innkeepers who are considering an innkeeper career or have an interest in the profession, and who are not eligible for full membership because they do not have a property, are welcome to join our Association. The fee for membership is $100 per year and offers full access to our members and educational resources. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Aspiring Innkeeper are encouraged to visit the Association of Lodging Professionals website for information on starting or purchasing a B&B, and other trade information.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP FOR VENDORS
Vendor membership is open to industry vendors who provide high-quality products and services to the lodging industry, specifically those products and services available for smaller independent properties, inns and boutique hotels. Associate Membership is $100 per year. Vendors may download an Associate Member Application form.